Designer / Maker
Designed and manufactured by W.A.S. Benson (1854-1924)
Copper and brass, now converted for electricity
Height: 73 cm
English (London), circa 1900
A closely related lamp, with slightly less elaborate embellishment to the stem, was with Blairman’s in 1993 (private collection).
See also an oil lamp with metal shade, in the collection of the Victoria and Albert Museum